At the Sept. 19, 2022, joint meeting of the Board of Selectmen and the Planning and Zoning Commission, it was decided to develop a plan to study long-term growth of the town center, an important consideration in Granby’s strategic plan going forward. This became known as the Center Study, and P&Z was asked to create a process for the scope of a study.
At its meeting on Jan. 10, the commission agreed to present the following plan to the BOS.
- Town Staff will prepare a draft scope.
- The draft scope circulated to the Development and P&Z Commissions.
- P&Z will hold a public session to gather input.
- P&Z will finalize the draft scope utilizing input from the Development Commission and the public session.
- The final draft scope will be referred to the BOS.
The BOS accepted the scoping process plan from the P&Z at the joint meeting held on Jan. 24. It was agreed that Town Manager Erica Robertson and Community Development Director Abby Kenyon will prepare the scope and submit it to the Development Commission. Robertson and Kenyon intend to meet with the consultant working with the same process in East Granby.
It was suggested that a subcommittee might be formed, consisting of five members: one each from the BOS, Development Commission and P&Z, and two from the public.