The experiences that most truly impact our lives are ones that force us to step out of our comfort zone and return with new ideas and attitudes. However, it is hard to step out of your normal routine and have more experiences like these. This article will include some easy (and very inexpensive) ways to try something new this summer, hopefully helping to create some wonderful memories or cure a bad case of boredom on a Sunday afternoon.
• Go to a drive-in movie instead of a movie theater.
• Even if you’re scared, try a rollercoaster at a theme park.
• Read a new book, or re-read a book you read a long time ago.
• Create structured time each day without technology; go on a walk, bike ride, or lunch with friends instead.
• Learn something new. Download apps to help learn a new language, or pick up the dusty instrument in your attic.
• Draw or paint even if you aren’t an artist.
• Try a new food or order something different at one of your favorite restaurants.