It was an exciting April for the Granby Public Schools. Our students and staff continue to make our community proud in all areas of our school district.
• Kelly Lane Primary School kicked off One School, One Book entitled Zoey and Sassafras: Dragons and Marshmallows and participated in a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art and Math) activity by creating something from the book
• Dave Gunning (GEF sponsored event) performed for Kelly Lane and Wells Road students and had a workshop for middle and high school students
• Kelly Lane students raised over $5,000 for the American Heart Association
• Wells Road 4th Grade chorus students performed America the Beautiful and 5th Grade chorus students along with middle school chorus students performed The National Anthem at a Yard Goats game
• Wells Road students showcased the StarBase Engineering Club for Schools in the Spotlight at a Board of Education Meeting
• Middle school students recognized for Connecticut Student Writers Magazine: Emmy Attianese, Lucy Boss, Sara Brenson, Evie Bunz, and Savannah Castle
• Middle School student recognized for Future Problem Solvers of CT: Owen Bouley
• Congratulations to Avery Pradhan for moving on to the National Daughters of the American Revolution Essay Competition
• Congratulations to high school Connecticut Association of Schools’ Arts Award recipients Ely Hosack and Jack Accetura
• Granby Grunts Robotics Team goes to District Championship
• High school students raised money for local food banks at annual Empty Bowls Fundraiser
• High school students performed at a Spring Coffeehouse
Throughout May, we will be celebrating our teachers and all staff in honor of Teacher Appreciation Week May 8-12, 2023. Please reach out to a teacher/staff member during the week of May 8-12 to offer your gratitude in your own special way.
The Granby Public Schools is a “community” school district that always strives for everyone to be included. I urge you to view our district website (granbyschools.org) to discover what is happening in our schools. Below you will find a list of the many exciting May happenings that may be of interest to the community at large:
May 3 – BOE Meeting, 7 p.m., Town Hall Meeting Room
May 4 – Wells Road 5th Grade Band Concert, 7 p.m., High School Auditorium
May 12 – World Language Crepe Night, 5-8 p.m., High School Cafeteria
May 17 – Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m., Town Hall Meeting Room
May 19 – STEAM Night at Kelly Lane, 5:30 p.m., Kelly Lane Media Center
May 25 – GMHS Chorus Concert and Arts Expo, 8-9 p.m., HS Auditorium/Rotunda
May 26 – Kindergarten Parent Orientation, 10:30-11:45 a.m. (A-F); 12:30-1:45 p.m.
(G-M); 2-3:15 p.m. (N-Z), Kelly Lane School
May 31 – Senior Scholarships and Awards Ceremony, 6:30-8:30 p.m., HS Auditorium
I want to thank the entire Granby community for supporting our work in making the Granby Public Schools one of the best school districts in the state. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns at 860-844-5260 and follow me on Twitter@GranbySuper.