I want to thank the entire Granby community for supporting us this year as we celebrate our 100th day of school; over half the school year is complete. Students in the Granby Public Schools continue to excel and the staff continues to work tirelessly to assist our students achieve their highest academic potential and social/emotional development.
Below are specific highlights that happened during the month of January and February:
• Congratulations to high school students Cooper Boyd, Ezra Holt, Christian Cusano, and Trevor Thompson for being selected for the NAFME All-Eastern Mixed Choir for April 2023.
• Also, congratulations to Ada Linden, sixth grade student, who was selected as a Student Reader for the Nutmeg State Intermediate Book Award Committee.
• All schools participated in activities honoring Black History Month.
• Kindergarten registration began on Feb. 1.
• 8th Grade Parents’ Night was held on Feb. 2.
• Additionally, all of our choral and band concerts, as well as drama club plays, were terrific and well attended.
• State Legislators met with the Board of Education to talk about the current state of the district and upcoming legislative session.
• A Superintendent’s Community Conversation was held on Feb. 15 to discuss the budget and issues relating to education.
• A very successful PJ Day Fundraiser was held by all of the schools in the district and raised over $5,500 for the Connecticut Children’s Medical Center.
I urge you to view our district website at granbyschools.org. It is a wonderful way to discover what is happening in our schools. Below is a list of Board of Education/Budget Meetings that be of interest to the community at large:
March 1 – Board of Education Meeting and Administrative Budget Presentation, 7 p.m., Town Hall Meeting Room/Zoom
March 8 – Board of Education Budget Workshop, 7 p.m., Central Services
March 15 – BOE Vote on the FY24 Budget, Board of Education Meeting, 7 p.m., Town Hall Meeting Room/Zoom
The next Superintendent’s Community Conversation will be held on Tuesday, April 25, 2023, at 6 p.m. via Zoom. The focus will be on the Board of Education’s proposed budget. This will also be a time for community members to ask any questions they may have regarding our schools.
I want to thank the entire Granby community for your continued support in making Granby Public Schools one of the best school districts in the state. Please contact me if you have any questions or concerns at 860-844-5260 and follow me on Twitter@GranbySuper