Pay It Forward Day is a global initiative to make a difference by creating a ripple effect of kindness throughout the year. Small acts of kindness, when multiplied by millions of people, can make a big impact in the world.
Blake Beattie started Pay It Forward Day in 2007 inspired by author Catherine Ryan Hyde’s Pay It Forward movement. The holiday began in Australia and is now celebrated in over 86 countries.
Pay It Forward Day is about all people from all walks of life giving to someone else and making a positive difference. It encourages all of us to embrace the power of giving to show each other that we care without expecting anything in return.
What can you do?
- Pay for someone’s cup of coffee.
- Get the next person’s food, toll, etc.
- Help someone in need.
- Host pay it forward activities in your office, school, church, or community.
- Become a Pay It Forward Day ambassador and help raise awareness in your circles of influence.
- Let others know about Pay It Forward Day through your social media channels.
- Donate to a worthwhile cause.
For more information and ideas, visit payitforwardday.com/get-involved/ideas/